Quadruple Threat Up the Wazoo
- Nick is a strategist, speaker, author and educator (teaches at Iowa)
- Daniel Pink said, from a marketing perspective, we live in a David and Goliath world where we are the Davids
- Publishing today is very tricky today
- We could all use a few people and a few dollars more
- Nobody has the marketing budget that they want for everything that they want to do
- Even the large company guys want to engage on a personal level
- These are scrappy times
- The Social Brand Forum (socialbrandforum.com) - a scrappy idea that catapults marketing and community
- There are a lot of great businesses in the Iowa City area but not a lot of event planning
- Technology has put marketing on steroids, especially on a conference level
- An improv mantra Nick applied to marketing:
- Building things together, one block at a time
Common Theme in Marketing
- Trying to do everything
- More content/more marketing is not always better
- Quality over quantity
- Do not let a project be lukewarm
Contact Nick at www.nickwerstergaard.com and get Nick's book here:
Show notes: Production Assistant - Anna Nygren http://www.annavnygren.com/
Please support our sponsor MantraMunchies.com Amazing healthy and delicious snacks, mixes and sauces. Tell them The Nice Guys sent you.
Click through our Amazon.com link before buying anything.
As Amazon.com affiliates, we receive a small commission on purchases made after clicking our links. It cost you nothing extra but supports the podcast. Thanks in advance.
Go to Nice Guy Community sign-up and we'll send you the free E-Book "The 5 biggest (relationship) mistakes in business."
Get Doug's Amazon #1 Bestselling book Nice Guys Finish First here.
Want to ask us a question or record a show intro for us? Call 4242-DJDoug and leave us a message.
Don't underestimate the Power of Nice.
The Nice Guys (Doug & Strick) are taking pre-orders for their vintage style Funk'nFans designs. Orders will be shipping soon. They are working out all the details including exact shirt color (dark) and ink color (white or cream). The design is 100% accurate and final. Thanks for your order and for supporting the podcast! These shirts will be Funk'nFanTastic