It’s 2 for 1 today as Doug interviews Carlota Zimmerman and Marie Segares, 2 New Yorkers with vastly different businesses who compliment each other in their "No Frills Small Business" podcast.
About Carlota and Marie:
• They launched their "No Frills Small Business" podcast in January 2015
• Pitched and led a panel at Social Media Week NYC 2015
• Invited to host a "lightning round" at BlogHer2015.
• Carlotta is a lawyer who has never practiced law, but does business coaching for entrepreneurs and other small business owners.
• Along with her podcast with Carlotta, Marie is a college professor, educational consultant, blogger, designer, small business coach, and she teaches crochet and knitting!
Here's what we took away from the conversation:
• Don't be obsessed with what you don't know yet
• You can make your business shine and grow with limited resources
• Being an entrepreneur can save your life. Marie gets regular E-Mails from her clients thanking her for her help with their businesses
• Carlotta the Creativity Yenta is "Just your average sexy force of nature"
• Marie is a Creative Yarn Entrepreneur-If you’re a crochet or knitting author, blogger, designer, maker, podcaster, publisher, teacher, or tech editor; a yarn dyer or spinner; or the owner of any other small business based around yarn, you’ll find great ideas for launching, managing, and evolving your indie yarncrafts business, and tips for keeping your creative energy flowing!
Please visit our sponsor- www.mentormojo.com- Lessons and advice form the world's top entrepreneurs.
Carlota & Marie: http://nofrillssmallbusiness.com/
BlogHer - http://www.blogher.com/
Carlota Zimmerman: Carlotazee@gmail.com
The Creative Yenta coaching- www.carlotaworldwide.com
Marie Segares: email@example.com
Creative Yarn show- http://creativeyarnentrepreneur.com/
Underground Crafter- www.Undergroundcrafter.com
Subscribe to the podcast- https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-nice-guys-on-business/id966086057?mt=2