Show notes: Production Assistant - Anna Nygren http://www.annavnygren.com/
The Man Who Walks the Walk and Talks the Talk
- Doug - - Our guest today is Brandon Moreno, he runs a company called EverHive. What intrigued me about Brandon is that his perspective is from the other side….yes that’s right, I am talking about HR.
- Strickland - - You’ve got to hire people who have not just the right skills, but the right attitude.
- Brandon - - EverHive is essentially a management consulting firm with procurement for the procurement folks, for HR folks, for legal folks within an organization with how to establish an internally-ran contingent worker program instead of outsourcing it.
- We help organizations make a road map.
Connecting to the Hustling World
- Brandon - - I have always look for organizations that have the entrepreneur spirit.
- Gig Economy is a flexible type of workforce that could help others build their business.
- 47% of the workforce next year will be some type of contingent, temporary or contract worker
- Ask yourself, “What are all the different components within my business? How effective am I? Will I need to add 2 or 3 people to my team?”
- People need to look at what they are good at and realize there are organizations out there that can take care of the weak spots
- In general, Millennials are making up about 50% of the workforce
- Millennials care about providing value (i.e. projects that have fulfillment)
- Millennials absorb like a sponge, but there can be a lack humility (the ability to learn from others and realize that you may be benefiting the teacher as well)
- Technology is shaping the workforce and entrepreneurs need to think about that
Action Steps - How to Crank Up the Heat, Safely
- Give yourself permission to relax
- Most of us think we have to be on 24/7
- We don’t, there needs to be balance
- List all of the different functions that your company does
- No matter what the size of your company (1 man or 30), write different subcategories within your business - i.e. communications, finance etc.
- Do you need someone to help you in one of those?
- It is really about networking and expressing what you need
- It is ok to say, “I need help”
- You have to do your due diligence
- Be extremely thorough before committing your business with another specialization company
- If there is momentum and interest in the business, if it comes with ease and connections are being made, that is a sign to keep going
- EverHive - http://everhive.com/
- Brandon’s LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/brandonmoreno
- Personal Website - http://brandonmoreno.expert/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/BrandonRJMoreno
Go to Nice Guy Community sign-up and we'll send you the free E-Book "The 5 biggest (relationship) mistakes in business" AND be one of the first 100 people to sign up for the Nice Guys Community to get an invite to our first (to be scheduled) live podcast.
Click through our Amazon.com link before buying anything.
As Amazon.com affiliates, we receive a small commission on purchases made after clicking our links. It cost you nothing extra but supports the podcast. Thanks in advance.
Want to ask us a question or record a show intro for us? Call 4242-DJDoug and leave us a message.
Don't underestimate the Power of Nice.
We have a FREE e-book being released in less than 30 days on Providing World Class Customer Service: Can't Miss Steps to Creating A Great Experience . If you would like to get an advanced copy of the e-book, click the box below and I will send an email to you along with bonus input from over twenty industry experts on the "how-to's" for great customer service.