Want to get into voice overs? Steve O'Brien is a voice over professional who has worked with many big names, most notably (LEAST notably?) he is the voice of The Nice Guys! Yes, this is the voice you hear at the beginning of every episode, and now you get to listen to him for the whole podcast. Here's a preview of what we talk about:
• Steve worked in radio for many years, on air as well as programming behind the scenes.
• He didn't go out on his own until he was in his late 40's (it's never too late to start your own business!)
• There are a lot of people out there who may be as good, if not better than you. Hard work, not just talent, is what will make you stand out.
• Don't burn any bridges, be nice to everyone. Your boss today, could be your customer tomorrow.
• It's all about networking, being nice, and meeting the right people.
• Jumping [Making the decision to go out on your own] is the hardest part. After you do that, it's all easy.
• Save up before you take the leap. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
• Get excited about the project along with your client.
Please visit our sponsor, http://www.phone.com. Phone.com offers tons of amazing features that are incredibly easy to set up, starting at only $10.00 a month. You can get your first 6 months of service FREE just by using promo code "niceguys". You've got a phone, right? Make the most of it then! Check out Phone.com and get your phone working for you.
Subscribe to the podcast and rate us on iTunes- https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-nice-guys-on-business/id966086057?mt=2
Hire Steve for any voice over work you need- http://steveobrienvo.com/
Think you're irreplaceable? Don't let this happen to you- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uWW--w4SRs